Coal Action Network Aotearoa Newsletter Feb/Mar 2013
Kia Ora Koutou
Welcome to the Coal Action Network Aotearoa’s first newsletter for 2013!
As you are all very much aware, Solid Energy has gone into freefall. Not only has CEO Don Elder resigned, but the company is now reporting a $389m debt.
But there’s a lot more going on with coal around the country, not least a new proposal by Fonterra to open a mine in the upper North Island at Mangatawhiri.
What’s in this newsletter?
1. Upcoming events
2. Solid Energy’s lost CEO – and its massive debt
3. Fonterra’s new coal mine
4. Denniston ruling imminent
5. The Wise Response Appeal on climate change
6. Keep the Coal in the Hole Summer Festival
7. What about our drought? Has it got anything to do with climate change?
8 The world hasn’t warmed?
- Australia’s “Angry Summer”
- Renewable Energy setting records everywhere
- China’s carbon tax